Greetings Friends and Neighbors in Sylvan Ridge!
I hope everyone had a great summer and that you’re enjoying the first hints of fall. There is always a lot going on in Sylvan Ridge and our next neighborhood social event is the annual Halloween Party. This year John & Lisa Wallace will be hosting the party on October 31st from 5:00-6:00p.m. at their home (3729 Haverhill Drive), with trick or treating immediately following from 6:00-8:00p.m. It’s always quite the sight to see when the kids break out and hit the streets in full costume! The Neighborhood Association will provide food and drinks for all ages and all are welcome to attend.
A few other key updates I wanted to provide:
- I hope you have noticed the new & improved neighborhood lighting with freshly painted light poles – a special thanks to Brad Shotts for spearheading that capital improvement project.
- The board is always looking for ways to improve the look and feel of our neighborhood. We are currently looking into investing in new street name signage to replace the old/dated signs. We’ve heard comments from many neighbors on this issue, so we’re looking for ways to make updates while still being responsible with our financial resources.
- The neighborhood is in solid financial condition, however, to date we’ve only collected dues from 60% of our neighbors. If you’ve already paid – thank you! If not, please consider doing so as you are able so we can continue to invest in our neighborhood.
- We are actively evaluating, researching, and addressing the water/drainage issues that continue to be a challenge for Sylvan Ridge. We are in communication with the city of Indianapolis about some possible solutions and will communicate more information as it’s available.
- The Sylvan Ridge website has a record number of users! We are in the process of refreshing the site so that it has an updated look, is more user friendly, and will be mobile friendly.
As always, I appreciate your feedback and comments on how we can make Sylvan Ridge the best neighborhood it can be. Please continue to email any questions or comments to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or feel free to reach out to any of the Board members. For our new neighbors (and for long-standing ones), the neighborhood website is a good spot to find information on upcoming events, directory information, and to update your own person profile so your neighbors can learn more about you!
Thanks and have a wonderful fall, and I hope to see you all at the Halloween Party!
Craig Hittle, President